DiscoverShikoku

Discover Shikoku Terms & Conditions



Discover Shikoku Terms & Conditions

Tour Operator
Discover Shikoku/Anabuki Travel hereafter referred to as DS, registered address: 8F Anabuki Central Building, 2-8 Togiya-machi, Takamatsu-shi, Kagawa Japan 760-0026 is the Tour Operator.

Release and Waiver
Traveling on the trip implies consent to all of DS’s terms and conditions. By booking with DS, all travelers agree to the following:
All travel has inherent risk, either directly due to the nature of activities, or due to the area of travel.
By booking this travel, you and your group are indicating that you have agreed to DS’s Terms & Conditions and are agreeing to the waiver of liability.

Waiver of Liability
I/we release DS, and Anabuki Travel and each and every officer, employee, and agent of DS and Anabuki Travel from any and all claims and causes of action that I/we may have against the company or persons, by reason of any accident, illness, injury, death, or other consequences resulting directly or indirectly from or in any manner arising out of, or in connection with participation in this travel.
Submitting a booking along with a payment will constitute acceptance of these terms. Submitting the booking is intended to bind not only the travelers but also their successors, heirs, representatives, administrators, and assigns.

Booking Details
For tours and expeditions under JPY300,000 DS requires 100% payment at the time of booking.
For adventures and expeditions over JPY300,000, a 50% deposit is required at the time of booking. The remaining 50% is due 60 days before the tour start date. If booking less than 60 days before the tour start date, 100% of the tour price is due.

Cancellation Policy
1. For trips under JPY300,000
If guest cancels reservation at least 60 days before the tour start date, funds are refunded minus 15% for administration and bank transfer fees. If cancellation occurs between 60 and 30 days before the tour start, 25% of the funds are forfeited and the remaining balance (75%) is refunded. If cancellation occurs between 30 and 10 days before the tour start, the guest forfeits 50% of the tour price. If cancellation occurs 10 days or less before the tour start, no amount is refunded.
2. For trips over JPY300,000
If guest cancels reservation at least 60 days before the tour start date, deposit and any funds are refunded minus 15% for administration and bank transfer fees. If cancellation occurs between 60 and 30 days before the tour start, 20% of the funds are forfeited and the remaining balance (80%) is refunded. If cancellation occurs between 30 and 10 days before the tour start, the guest forfeits 50% of the tour price, or the non-refundable amounts already spent on arrangements and vendors, whichever is greater. If cancellation occurs 10 days or less before the tour start, no amount is refunded.

DS Expeditions Trip Date Change Policy
In line with the terms of the local partners that DS uses, a request for a trip date change will be seen as a cancellation with the above amounts refunded depending on when the date change is requested. So for example, if the client requests a trip date change between 30 and 10 days before the original tour start date, they will forfeit 50% of the original tour price and will be required to pay 100% of the new tour price. This policy is in place to cover the charges incurred in planning and booking resources for each tour.

Included in Tour Price
The items included in the tour price are listed on each tour page or in email correspondence with regards to custom itineraries.

Excluded in Tour Price
International/ domestic travel (your travel to the tour starting point)
Tourist visa
Trip cancellation insurance (highly recommended)
Medical and evacuation insurance (required)
Personal expenses

Luggage Liability
DS assumes no responsibility for loss, damage or delay in delivering luggage to tour guests. Luggage turned over to DS for transport each day is done so at the guest’s own risk. Luggage insurance is recommended.

Minimum Guest Requirement
Up to 30 days prior to the start of the tour, DS reserves the right to cancel the tour if the minimum number of guests has not been reached – even if guests have booked and fully paid by that time. In the case a tour is cancelled before the start date, 100% refund will be paid to the guest. DS is not liable for any additional costs or losses incurred by the guest due to the cancellation of the tour because of a lack of participation. This includes, but is not limited to, the cost of airline tickets and visas.

Force Majeure
Once a tour has started, situations may arise that in DS’s opinion make it necessary to cancel, advance or postpone a scheduled tour, change the itinerary or make substitutions regarding hotels, destinations and any other travel arrangements. In such an event, DS will not assume responsibility or liability for any resulting losses, expenses or inconveniences. The full tour price will be refunded should the tour be cancelled prior to the scheduled departure date. DS is not required to make any refunds once a tour has commenced regardless of the reason why a participant is unable to complete the tour.


Guest Behavior
Guests on a DS tour are expected to comply with local laws and respect local traditions. If a guest is deemed unruly and a risk to the safety of the group, DS reserves the right to cancel the contract and secure any rental equipment provided. DS is not responsible for further costs incurred by the guest.

Photo and Video Copyright
Any photos and/or videos produced by DS or its representatives on tour are the property of DS. The copyright rests with DS. DS can use any and all of this material for advertising and marketing purposes, including images where individual guests can be recognized, without any charge to DS from the guest for use of the material.

Model Release: DS, its parent company (Anabuki Travel), and guides reserve the right to take photographs or videos during the operation of any tour or part thereof and to use the resulting photography, videos, or recordings for promotional or commercial use. By making a reservation on a DS tour, the participant agrees to allow his/her likeness to be used by DS, and/or our authorized third parties without compensation to the participant. If the participant prefers that his/her likeness not be used, he/she must notify us in writing prior to departure of the tour.

Photo Release: Copyright in all photographs, video, and related materials (herein referred to as “Trip Materials”) created by the participant shall belong to the participant upon creation. The participant grants to the Tour Operators their owners, agents and subsidiaries, a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable license to use any Trip Materials voluntarily provided to the Tour Operators in any media for the following purposes: editorial use, promotion of this editorial use, advertising and promotion of Photo Tours or Workshops offered by the Tour Operators or promotion of Photo Tours or Workshops led by Trip Leaders representing the Tour Operators.

Passport and Visa Compliance
Guests are responsible for having passports that have a minimum of 6 months remaining on their expiry and securing the required visas necessary for travel. DS cannot advise on visa regulations or provide supporting documentation other than itinerary and reservation confirmation.


Responsibility
DS is responsible for providing the services listed in the tour description according to the local standard and the accurate description of services offered in its literature. DS is not responsible or liable for any accidents. DS reserves the right, without prior notice, to withdraw any, part, or all of a tour and/or to make the necessary changes. Any costs, if and where applicable, as a result thereof, shall be paid by the guest. Furthermore, it is agreed and understood that the owners, operators and agents of this tour including DS are not the guardians of any guest’s safety. In addition they, individually or collectively, cannot be held liable in any way for any occurrence connected to the operation or the guest’s participation on the tour which might result in injury, death or other damage to the guest.
Printing Errors and Cost Revisions
DS reserves the right to correct printing errors or cost calculation mistakes at any time.

Using Format